If the meat appears abnormal translucency, leaves fall off without reason, or leaves become soft when it is exposed, your meat may be frostbitten.
How to deal with frostbite of succulent plants: 1. Slight frostbite
Symptoms: some leaves of succulent plants show signs of frostbite. The obvious feature is that the leaves show signs of hydration and shrinkage, becoming transparent or even gray. Treatment method: if only part of the leaves are frostbitten, as long as the following maintenance environment does not tend to 0 ℃ (preferably 10 ℃), there is no problem for the succulent plants to survive, and the frostbitten leaves cannot be recovered, sooner or later, they will shrink and fall down.
2. Severe frostbite
Symptoms: most leaves and even stems of succulent plants show signs of frostbite, obvious hydration and shrinkage, becoming transparent or even graying and blackening.
How to deal with frostbite of succulent plants
Treatment method: this situation is complex. If only the leaves show signs of frostbite and the stems are not transparent and blackened, place the succulent plants at 10 ℃ In a bright and slightly ventilated environment for a week or so, do not water during the period, remove the leaves with obvious frostbite, and observe slightly. If there is no tendency of hydration, you can generally continue to survive strongly; if there is any sign of transparent softening of the stem, cut off the frostbitten stem (be sure to cut it clean, if not, it will continue to spread), and smear the wound Carbendazim, put it for observation, wait for a period of time, and then branch. If there are signs of frostbite at the beginning of some stems, cut off the frostbitten part directly, and then repeat the above steps.
3. Frozen to death
If the whole leaf of the succulent plant is severely frostbitten and even the stem is hydrated, then it can only rest in peace.
In short, once the succulent plants suffer frostbite, the result is irreversible, so the best way is not to let the succulent plants suffer frostbite. Do not let succulent plants in the environment of 0 ℃.
Users of succulent plants suggest: if you find that the meat is frostbitten, you should take the time to move the meat to a warm place in the room and let it recover gradually. Do not water or expose it to the sun, then remove the injured leaves, and smear a little fungicide such as carbendazim or methyltobuzin on the wound.
After a period of observation, if the stem of the meat is normal and some leaves are normal, the meat will recover slowly in a warm environment. If the stem of meat is frostbitten and there are black frozen spots, but the top leaves are intact, then the meat can be beheaded and the parts without frostbite can be preserved for cutting. If the whole frostbite can't be recovered after a period of observation, it's almost hopeless... The frostbite of meat is irreversible. It depends on whether the degree of frostbite exceeds the tolerance of plants. The artificial treatment is very limited!
How to deal with the frostbite of succulent plants in winter: 1. When the temperature is close to the minimum tolerance temperature of the meat, it is necessary to start to control the water and reduce the water content in the meat, artificially promote the meat to enter the dormancy period, so that the meat can improve its cold resistance by itself.
2. When changing pots in the growth period, some slow-release fertilizers and rice husk carbon should be added appropriately to increase potassium element, which can strengthen the photosynthesis of meat, make the stem tough and prevent lodging. It can also promote the development of root system and stem of meat. Potassium chloride, potassium sulfate, potassium nitrate, rice husk charcoal, plant ash and so on are the main fertilizer varieties with potassium nutrient elements as the main components. This can also speed up the aging of meat.
3. In winter, water and fertilizer should be strictly controlled, and the basin soil should be kept dry. If there is a signal of water shortage in the meat leaves (the leaves are wrinkled, and the bottom leaves are dry), a good weather with sun should be selected. Water near noon or in the afternoon when the temperature is high, and the water temperature should be the same as the room temperature.
4. Build a small warm greenhouse for meat, which can greatly increase the safety of meat in winter. If there is no condition for friends, you can use the method of suffocation, but you must pay attention to ventilation!
5. Watch the weather forecast more to prevent the sudden drop of temperature! A lot of meat is hanging on the sudden drop in temperature. In winter, there may be a big sun at five or six degrees today. It will snow tomorrow, so it is necessary to pay attention to the weather forecast every day!
6. Don't neglect the children's shoes with heating in the north. Although the heating is good, the meat is always in the room. Because of the bad ventilation and the too dry air in the room, some problems will occur, such as attracting insects or black rot due to the lack of ventilation. And too high temperature will cause the soil water to evaporate too fast, too close to the heating may also kill the meat.
7. In winter, when the light angle changes, the meat may be too long due to the lack of light. If possible, the light supplement lamp can be used to prevent it from becoming too long!
8. When watering in winter, you can use the same watering method as in summer, that is, a small amount of water along the basin wall. The principle is that most of the capillaries of the meat root system are growing along the basin wall. Watering on the basin wall can make the capillaries of the meat root absorb a proper amount of water without causing water accumulation in the soil.
9. If conditions permit, it can be cultured according to varieties. For example, some cold resistant winter type and summer type and spring and autumn type can be maintained separately in different environments.