Orchid has a high appreciation value, and has been regarded as the best choice for greening the room by many people. However, in the process of orchid growth, there are often yellow and black leaves at the tip. What's the matter and how to treat it? Let's discuss it together.
The reason analysis and treatment method for the yellow of orchid leaves: 1. The environmental mutation causes the yellow of orchid leaves: the environmental mutation includes the environmental change when turning the plate. Turning the plate is very good for orchid, but if the plate is not turned properly, the orchid will not adapt to it, resulting in the temporary yellow of the tip.
Solution: at this time, it's better to turn over the basin again and make sure that the root system of orchid is complete.
2. Long term water shortage causes the orchid leaves to turn yellow (dry yellow): it is caused by water shortage and drought. Its characteristic is that the tip of the old leaves turns yellow from the bottom to the top. If the water shortage lasts a little longer, the whole plant will turn yellow, or even die.
Solution: water in time, but do not water too much at one time. First, pour a small amount of water, and gradually increase the amount of water.
3. Air drying causes orchid leaves to turn yellow: the tip of orchid leaves turns yellow, the buds are smaller, and it may also be caused by air drying.
Solution: orchids like ventilation environment, the best place to transplant good ventilation.
4. Too high temperature causes the orchid leaves to turn yellow: 18-30 ℃ is the best temperature for orchid maintenance, and the hot summer temperature is easy to cause the orchid leaves to turn yellow.
Solution: transplant indoors in hot weather.
Healthy orchid leaves
5. Low temperature causes the orchid leaves to turn yellow: when the orchid is below 0 ℃, it will freeze, and the symptom is still yellow leaves.
Solution: when the temperature is low in winter, it should be transplanted to a warm place in the room.
6、 Excessive fertilization of orchid leads to yellow leaves (yellow fertilizer): due to excessive fertilization or high concentration of fertilizer, it causes root burning, which is characterized by thick cotyledons, yellow tip, uneven surface and dry old leaves.
Solution: should control fertilizer, more water dilute fertilizer, serious can wash roots for soil.
7. Orchid leaves turn yellow due to long-term lack of fertilizer (lack of fertilizer yellow): it is caused by insufficient fertilizer, low fertilization concentration, and long fertilization interval, which is characterized by yellow at the young leaves and young stems. If this phenomenon is seen and fertilizer is not applied in time, it will also cause yellow leaves or even death of the whole plant.
Solution: for the flowers lacking in fertilizer, do not apply a large amount of concentrated fertilizer at one time to avoid burning roots.
8. Rotten root causes the orchid leaves to turn yellow: the plant material is not rotten, the bottom of the pot is stuffy, causing the orchid rotten root, which first appears at the tip of the leaves to turn yellow, then to the whole leaves, and then the whole plant dies of yellow.
Solution: you can choose bluestone (the first choice for planting gold), add ceramsite and bark, do not use the humus soil that is too thin, remember to use the open blister for bark, and the best way for planting gold is to use cold water to soak it. If possible, add pork bone and snake wood to enhance nutrition.
9. Diseases and insect pests lead to the yellow of orchid leaves: the whole orchid leaves are burnt yellow and dry due to insect pests. The main diseases and insect pests of orchid are anthrax, which occurs all the year round, especially in hot and rainy seasons.
Solution: in addition to the improvement of environmental conditions, 50% methyltobuzin WP (800-1500 times) can be used for spraying treatment in the onset period, 7-10 days for each other, and then supplemented with L% Bordeaux solution, once every half a month.
Orchid and orchid maintenance experience: orchid is a kind of flowers with more "delicate" air. If you don't take care of water, fertilizer, soil, temperature, light and other major aspects, you can't raise it well.
1： Water means watering. Orchids like to be cool and wet, but wet means that the soil is kept wet and can not be watered more. When the climate is dry, it is advisable to use a fine hole watering pot to water the leaves and potted soil to a slight humidity. Do not pour too much water to make the root of the flower accumulate water. When the weather is dry in summer, spray water on the leaves 2-3 times a day. In winter, if the basin soil is not too dry, do not water it. However, spring, summer and autumn should not be too dry.
2： Fat, orchids like fat, but can't stand too much fertilizer. If inorganic fertilizer (chemical fertilizer) is used, it should be diluted and not poured more. Store the rice washing water for 1 day, and then pour it on the soil (not on the leaves). The fertilizer is enough for the flowers. Soak the peeled apple skin and core in water, and water the flowers 1-2 days later. This kind of water and fertilizer is not dense, contains many nutrients, and has certain acidity, which is suitable for the taste of orchids.
3： Soil, i.e. the soil for orchid cultivation, should be loose soil with full rotten leaf soil or self-made sandy nutrient soil with acid. Acid soil with pH value between 5-6.5 is preferred.
4： Temperature, that is, pay attention to give orchids the appropriate temperature. Orchids love cool, avoid sultry, but they are not tolerated because they are native to the south
Freezing, so in summer, we should pay attention to ventilation and shade or put it in a cool and windy environment. In winter, we should put it in a warm place to avoid wind. In winter, we should also move it indoors to avoid frostbite.
5： Light is sunlight. Orchids like shade and should not be exposed to the sun. If conditions permit, they should be moved to the sun for 2-3 hours from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on sunny days in spring, autumn and winter. In summer, they should be exposed to the sun for about half an hour at 8:00 a.m., which is beneficial to orchids.
It is worth noting that orchids are most afraid of coal smoke, which will wither when smoked. When you move orchids indoors in winter, you need to pay special attention. Introduction of orchid varieties the commonly cultivated orchids are Chunlan (grass orchid), Huilan (Jiujie orchid), Jianlan (autumn orchid), Molan (baosui orchid), Hanlan, etc.
(1) Chunlan. The root is fleshy and white. The leaves are narrow and linear, 20-25 cm in length, with fine sharp serrations on the edge and obvious veins. 1-2 flowers per stem, yellow green, fragrant. It blooms from February to march in early spring. There are many kinds of petals, usually divided into plum petals, Narcissus petals, lotus petals, butterfly petals, heart petals and so on. The precious varieties are xiaodaimei, Songmei, Lvyun, wangzi, zhengtonghe, etc.
(2) Cymbidium. The root is fleshy, light yellow, and the leaves are linear. It is erect and thick longer than Cymbidium, and the leaf margin is rough. There are 5-13 flowers in one stem, light yellow, green and white lips with red and purple spots. The flowers are very thick. The flowering period is from April to May. Precious varieties are Cheng Mei, send spring, Dang Zi, Longchang Su, etc.
(3) Jianlan. The leaves are broad and linear, 30-60 cm long, mostly erect, with smooth margins. There are 6-12 flowers in one stem. The flowers are yellowish green or even yellowish brown with dark purple stripes. The fragrance is very strong, and the flowering period is from July to September. The precious varieties include thirteen Taibao, Longyan Suxin, tiegusu, yinbian Dagong, etc.
(4) Mulan. Leaves 50-100 cm long and 3 cm wide, smooth, apex pointed, erect. The height of the flower stem is about 60 cm, with 5-10 flowers on one stem and purple brown stripes on the petals. From winter to early spring, it has fragrance. Valuable varieties include green ink, white ink, parrot ink, Huizhou ink, etc.
(5) Hanlan. Leaves narrow and erect. The flower stem is thin and erect, with 5-9 flowers. The flowers are small and narrow, with yellow, white, green, red, purple and other colors, fragrant. The flowering period is from late autumn to early spring. The precious varieties are silverbell, emerald, Ziyun, liming, etc.