We are very curious about what leftover rice can do. Xiaobian shared an ice-cream practice before, that is, using leftover rice to make rice pudding. In fact, there are many advantages of leftover rice. The biggest advantage of using leftover rice to make rice pudding is to save time, but the taste is also sweet and delicious. Rice pudding has a long history. Most food historians believe that it originated in the Middle East. In the beginning, it was a kind of porridge made of several different grains. The Chinese and Indians created this kind of food by using the rice which is rich in the East as the raw material. Western cookbooks in the middle ages have already had its shadow.
How to make vanilla rice pudding:
1. There is about 250g rice left. I use Thai fragrant rice. Any rice is OK. It's better to cook rice pudding soft.
2. Put milk in the rice. The milk should be at least twice as much as rice.
3. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to the milk pot.
4. Add salt free butter to the milk pot.
5. Add the sugar to the milk pot and bring to a boil.
6. When all the seasonings are melted, change to a small heat and cook slowly for about 25 to 30 minutes. If the rice is still a little hard, add some milk and continue to cook.
7. Break up the two eggs. When the rice is very thick, the milk smell is strong, and the rice is soft, but the rice heart is still there, you can put in the broken eggs
8. Put the eggs into the pot and stir them evenly. After the eggs are stirred evenly, boil them for 1 minute, then turn off the fire. Wait for the pudding to cool, put it in a bowl and refrigerate.
1. The advantage of using leftover rice is that it saves time, labor and milk. Remember to cook the seasoning slowly on a low heat after it has melted.
2. If the amount of milk is twice that of rice, I need to stir it from time to time when cooking on a small fire to avoid the paste. The rice I use is relatively hard, so I cook for 30 minutes. In the middle of the cooking, I add some milk, because I think the rice pudding has not been cooked well, so I need to observe it from time to time according to the hardness and softness of my rice.
3. I like the thick rice pudding. If it's too thick, you can put more milk to make the rice pudding thinner. However, I think the rice pudding is delicious only when it has rice granules. This is based on the personal taste.
4. Finally, add the eggs to make the rice pudding more fragrant, smooth and fragrant, and the color is different. Don't put eggs if you don't like it. When you eat jam, it's a different taste.