Many mothers find that their babies do not defecate for a few days, so they are anxious to feed their babies with medicines. This is not right. Experts remind mothers not to treat their babies blindly. Improper treatment is a threat to their babies' health.
Let's learn about the defecation of different babies
1. Breast fed baby's stool: after the baby is born, it will discharge the meconium which is green black, smooth and sticky. In the future, the baby will discharge pale yellow feces, which are the feces for normal breast-feeding. It doesn't matter how many times a baby defecates per person. How many times a baby defecates per day? How many times a baby defecates per day? How many times a baby defecates per day. The faeces of babies are generally mushy or thicker than ice cream, without smell. Breast fed infants have little constipation, can absorb almost everything, and have little waste, which also explains why infants sometimes discharge feces once every three days. Remember that the food you eat affects your baby to a great extent. Spicy food can cause indigestion.
2. Faeces of milk fed infants: after the digestive function of infants is stabilized, the frequency of defecation of formula fed infants is more, and the quality of faeces is harder, yellow and peculiar smell than that of breast fed infants. Sometimes you will find that the baby's feces are soft, like soft skin eggs, but the normal baby's feces should be hard. The solution is to give more water to the baby: that is, add more water to the normal formula milk. In the middle of baby feeding, you can also drink more cold boiled water for your baby. After the baby reaches a few months, add some dried plum juice or filtered fruit juice to the drinking water to prevent the stool from drying.
It is not necessary to add sugar to the milk your baby eats. If you add sugar or milk contains high sugar, your baby's feces will be loose, green or curdled. At this time, you should stop adding sugar to milk. If you don't get better for a long time, please contact your doctor.
1、 What are the causes of constipation
1. The influence of mental factors
When children are suddenly stimulated by mental stimulation, such as fright, or change of living environment, temporary constipation may occur.
Some diseases can cause constipation, such as anal stenosis or congenital myasthenia.
3. Food mix is unreasonable
For example, the amount of protein in the food is more, the carbohydrate is less, the fermentation process of the food in the intestine is weak, and the stool is dry. Little children have the problem of partial food, like to eat fish, do not like to eat fruits and vegetables. Due to the lack of fiber in food, it is easy to constipate. Artificial feeding infants, milk casein and calcium more than human milk, stool containing a variety of insoluble calcium soap, prone to constipation.
4. Lack of good defecation habits
Children should form the habit of regular defecation when they are young. The child is playful and consciously suppresses defecation. After a long time, the sensitivity of the nerves at the end of the intestine to fecal stimulation decreases. Feces are stored in the rectum for a long time, and the water is absorbed and becomes dry and hard, which is difficult to be discharged.
2、 Causes of constipation in newborns (less than 28 days after birth):
1. Artificial feeding: milk contains more calcium soap after digestion, which is easy to cause dry stool and constipation.
2. Insufficient milk: if you eat less milk, or vomit more, or eat rehydration of children can cause temporary defecation. In addition, the development of the digestive tract myometrium of the newborn is not complete, which is easy to cause constipation, but also accompanied by vomiting. As long as the weight of children does not drop, vomiting and constipation are normal.
3. Surgical diseases: possible malformations include intestinal atresia, intestinal stenosis, intestinal malrotation, congenital megacolon, congenital anorectal absence, sacrococcygeal spina bifida, meningocele, tumor compression of cauda equina nerve, etc. these diseases are often accompanied by severe vomiting and abdominal distention, which need timely diagnosis and treatment.
Help baby relieve constipation:
Treatment of constipation in breastfed infants: breastfeed as much as possible because breastfed infants are less likely to have constipation. If constipation occurs, you can feed water or juice with sugar.
1. Add complementary food, the treatment of constipation: can eat vegetable mud, fruit, cornmeal, cereal, etc.
2. Massage the abdomen properly: massage the left lower abdomen. If you touch the cord like object, gently massage from top to bottom, so as to promote the downward discharge of stool.
3. Massage children's anal entrance properly: this can cause physiological reflex and promote defecation.
4. Appropriate activities to promote the downward movement of stool and cause defecation.
5. Artificial defecation: use paraffin oil, open plug dew, small soap bar to defecate and train defecation habit at the same time (only used when constipation is serious).
6. Traditional Chinese medicine treatment: the traditional Chinese medicine of clearing heat and detoxifying, moistening intestines and defecating can be applied properly (with the guidance of doctors).
Note: constipation is not necessary if the newborn does not defecate for several days
Because the defecation mechanism of the newborn is not mature, it is impossible to defecate regularly. It is often necessary to accumulate more feces. The nerves in the rectum wall feel the swelling pressure, which leads to reflex defecation. This is the reason why some babies can defecate once in a few days. It can be stimulated by a thermometer because it can induce reflex, so it can also defecate. For children who eat mother's milk, due to the complete absorption of mother's milk and the small amount of stool, some babies will defecate for several days instead, not necessarily as soon as they eat.