Dependent personality disorder is a common personality disorder in daily life. In the United States, the characteristics of dependent personality are defined as:
1. You can't make decisions on daily affairs without getting a lot of advice and assurance from others.
2. Helplessness, let others make most important decisions for themselves, such as where to live and what career to choose.
3. The feeling of being abandoned. Knowing that others are wrong, he agrees with them because he is afraid of being abandoned by others.
4. Without independence, it is difficult to plan or do things alone.
5. Excessive tolerance, willing to do low or unwilling things to please others.
6. Feel uncomfortable and helpless when you are alone, or try your best to escape loneliness.
7. Feel helpless or collapsed when the intimate relationship stops.
8. Often tormented by the idea of being abandoned.
9. It's easy to be hurt by not being praised or criticized.
As long as five of the above characteristics are met, the dependent personality can be diagnosed.
CCMD-3 diagnostic criteria for mental disorders in China
(1) According to the diagnostic criteria of personality disorder;
(2) It is characterized by over dependence and has at least three items as follows:
① Ask or ask others to take responsibility for important aspects of their lives;
② Attaching one's own needs to the people on whom one relies and excessively obeying the will of others;
③ Not willing to make even reasonable demands on the people they depend on;
④ Feel helpless, incompetent, or lack of energy;
⑤ Indulging in the fear of being forgotten, constantly asking others to guarantee it, and feeling very uncomfortable when alone;
⑥ When the intimate relationship with others ends, there is the experience of being destroyed and helpless;
⑦ Always put the blame on others to cope with adversity.
Other characteristics include: always seeing yourself as helpless, incompetent, and lacking in energy.
Including: weak type, improper type, passive type and self frustration type personality disorder