Monosodium glutamate is an important fresh condiment in our kitchen. If you do not prepare monosodium glutamate at home, you must understand the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing and using monosodium glutamate.
Identification of monosodium glutamate
1. Put a small amount of monosodium glutamate on the tip of the tongue. If the tongue feels cold and tastes delicious and fishy, it is qualified. If it tastes bitter and salty without fishy smell, it means that this kind of monosodium glutamate is mixed with salt; if it is cold, sticky and difficult to dissolve, it is mixed with gypsum or cassava starch.
2. Monosodium glutamate is white, crystalline and even in powder; false monosodium glutamate has different color and uneven powder.
3. Monosodium glutamate feels soft and has no granule sense; fake monosodium glutamate feels rough and has obvious granule feeling.
4, monosodium glutamate solution is transparent and colorless, no foam, no impurities. Taboo of using monosodium glutamate
Advantages and disadvantages of using monosodium glutamate
1. It is not necessary to use monosodium glutamate for the dishes cooked with broth, because the soup itself has the characteristics of freshness, fragrance and clearness, while monosodium glutamate has only one flavor, and its flavor and the flavor of soup can not be equal. If MSG is used, the flavor will be covered up, resulting in the disharmony of dish taste;
2. For acid dishes, such as: sweet and sour, vinegar fried, vinegar pepper dishes, etc., it is not suitable to use monosodium glutamate, because monosodium glutamate is not easy to dissolve in acidic substances, the higher the acidity, the lower the solubility, the worse the effect of taste;
3. When crystal monosodium glutamate is used in cold dishes, it should be boiled with a small amount of hot water first, and then poured on the cold dishes. The effect is better, because monosodium glutamate can only play a role at 45 ℃. If crystal is used to mix cold dishes directly, it is not easy to mix them evenly, which will affect the refreshing effect of monosodium glutamate;
5. When using monosodium glutamate, we should master the dosage, not the more the better. Its water dilution is 3000 times, and people's sense of taste to monosodium glutamate is 0.033%. When using monosodium glutamate, about 1500 times is appropriate. If the amount of monosodium glutamate is too much, it will make the dishes produce strange taste, which seems to be non Cheng, like astringent but not astringent, resulting in the opposite effect;
6. Monosodium glutamate is not easy to dissolve at room temperature. It is the best when the temperature is 70-90 degrees, and the most delicious. When it is over 100 degrees, the monosodium glutamate will be volatilized by steam. When it is over 130 degrees, it will become sodium pyroglutamate. It will not only have no fresh taste, but also produce toxicity. For stewed, burned, boiled, boiled and steamed dishes, it is not suitable to put monosodium glutamate too early, but should be put into the pot when it is put out of the pot;
7. Monosodium glutamate should not be used in the raw materials containing alkali. Monosodium glutamate will be converted into disodium glutamate in case of alkali, which will produce ammonia odor.
Xiaobian share: hypertension patients must ban a small amount of monosodium glutamate or not to eat.